As a QA Lead, you will be responsible for the technical quality of projects throughout the various production stages and will develop internal test plans in consultation with the other teams.
You will ensure the proper execution of the test plans and the technical playability of the games, a subject for which you will be the reference for the teams.
You will manage and coordinate the internal and external QA teams.
Under the direction of the Design Director and the Technical Director, your main responsibilities will be:
- Ensure the smooth running of build deliveries to the publisher
- Be the primary contact for our publisher's external and internal testing teams for all Spiders productions
- Participate in the recruitment of the QA test team that will support you in your daily tasks
- Produce regular reports on the state of the game and the bug base
- Prioritise the content that needs to be corrected in close collaboration with other project managers
- Ensure the quality of the content and the updating of the bug base, especially regarding regressions
- Create test protocols to improve our in-house game engine
Skills and profile required
- Organised, and rigorous
- Able to plan and supervise intensive targeted tests in relation to the different production stages of a game
- Sociable, and you know how to support people in their training and organise their work
- Communicative, and you are able to track changes to the game and share these with the teams
- Fluent French and English
- At least 3 years of experience in the field of QA testing
- Mastery of professional bug writing standards
- An excellent knowledge of a bug base (such as Redmine Bugtracker, Jira, Mantis...)
- An understanding of the video game production chain and the professions involved
- Knowledge of the TRC constraints of the various platforms (Xbox, Playstation and PC)
- Good ability to represent the content of a game as features to be tested (Test Plan and Smoke Test)
- Knowledge of Jira administration
- A strong affinity with Western RPGs and a player oriented approach
Permanent position (CDI)
Spiders is based in Paris (Porte d'Ivry)
In-office position is available with partial remote work (at least three days per week of presence at the studio are necessary for this position).
- CV and cover letter
- References (required)
- Website (optional)
You will be invited to do a test if your application is successful.